Friday, November 17, 2006

Sick... Again!

It seems that a month can't go by lately without me getting some virus. I wash my hands so much at work that you'd think I was OCD, but I still catch something. I need to stop working with people who have children under 5 yrs. old, the little germ factories, grumble grumble. These are the purple/green Artyarns Supermerino socks I started for myself and gave to my sort-of-mother-in-law. I've finally started a pair for myself that I'm determined to actually keep for myself - they're cream, black, and light green - but I don't have a picture of the one sock I've completed just yet.

The worst part about being sick the past two days is that I'm falling behind on my knitting / crocheting schedule. Sure, I'm nearly done with one of the flip-tops of the fingerless gloves / mittens I'm making (Sorry! No photo yet!), and I'm about an inch and half into the top of the crocheted dress... and I swatched for a crochet project I'm planning, and did a couple rows on a red Sockotta sock I'm working on, but that just means I can focus a couple minutes here and there. If I felt fine, and didn't have a pounding headache constantly, I'd have those mittens done, as well as half the top. *tortured sigh*

However, not being at work doesn't bother me in the slightest: I get sick pay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're sick, chick. Boy can I relate to that germ situation you've got going at work. I had the same thing happening several years ago. I thought I was in the clear and then out of the blue, my boss started reproducing again so I reckon I'm in for a few more years of it now. The socks turned out well and I really think you need to keep them for yourself. Give her something else. Those socks are magic and you sure need some help and deserve some comfort!

Anonymous said...

Still sick? Finish that crocheted skirt yet? Isn't the shindig this coming Thursday? Is it cold enough for you? Miss you!