Monday, July 28, 2008

Not Knitting Much

Today, I:
  • had a cup of instant cocoa with a teaspoon of instant coffee for breakfast;
  • had the same, sans coffee, for lunch;
  • am being very bad, but hey! It's not Spam.

Discussion of the aforementioned Spam lately has caused a friend of mine to threaten to draw a comic chronicling the hunt and capture of the elusive animal that is Spam. I will let you know if anything comes of it.

Knitting

Yep, I am. Well, sort of. I am slacking in the knitting department. I have two socks hanging around, pining for my attention.

First, we have the Child's First Sock in Shell Pattern from Knitting Vintage Socks that I have been making for forever:

(This is the second sock, thank goodness!)

And second, the Gentleman's Fancy Socks from the same book:

This, would you believe, is a boyfriend sock. It's all a kind of odd circumstance kind of thing, but suffice to say, I am making this with a resolable foot because I am feeling optimistic that I'll be around to see the holes start to form. There are those that say you can't revisit your past, but I'm starting to figure out that that isn't quite true.

And I finished a sock before all this knitting inertia began!

However, the picture will not load.

What, you may wonder, have I been doing if I am not knitting much?

Well, crocheting, of course.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crocheting what?

Of course you can revisit your past. Well, somewhat. Sometimes time is the best judge.

Cute socks. Resoleable, eh? Hmmmmm

A graphic retelling of the hunt & capture of Spam would be fabuloso.