Monday, March 26, 2012

Pig-Headedness

Here's a better picture of the garter stitch WWI Scarf I finished this weekend:
I've always found it interesting that garter stitch was so popular near the beginning of the 20th century. It's easy to see why - when knitting flat, you just knit the whole way, it is one of the simplest stitch patterns possible. However, it uses a lot of yarn and it can get very, very monotonous... yet it remained popular.

Bed Socks
I'm reviving a UFO that I started back when I was pregnant, a pair of Bed Socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting Vintage Sicks in a purple variegated alpaca sock yarn.
I'm knitting them for my Grandma, who has been hinting for a while now about wanting another pair of hand knit socks. I'm using my new resolve to reduce stash by knitting it up to finally get these socks back on the needles and then out the door.

I had, of course, forgotten since I last knit a pair of these socks that there is an annoying *yo, k3tog, yo...* that happens every four rows. K3tog is NOT FUN. Especially not with splitty yarn. But I will perservere through pig-headedness once again!

No comments: