Friday, April 13, 2012

Poncho Progress

I have been slowly knitting away at the Hooded Baby Poncho I started the other day; slowly, I say, not because it's a project that takes long, but because I've only been working on it intermittently. I probably could have gotten it done in a day. It is, after all, on US #10 needles!
Front
You can see in the photo above that I have just passed the neck hole and have begun the back. I have also just started the second ball of Lion Brand Jiffy (El Paso is apparently the name of the colorway I'm using for the most part) and since it took an entire ball to do the front, plus that miscellaneous Jiffy of unknown colorway, I think I definitely need to procure some more yarn for this project. There is, after all, still a hood and a pocket to go after the back is done.
Close-up of Neck Hole
The neck hole looks pretty wonky, but I am hoping that will resolve itself once I attach the hood.
"Artistic" view of progress
I think this may turn out to be an acceptable play poncho in the long run. We'll see.

No comments: