Thursday, August 14, 2008

Feed me!

Last night, I:

  • ate a lot of sauteed veggies with quinoa and salmon cooked in butter and lemon juice;
  • drank a glass or two of wine;
  • had about half a cup of green tea ginger ice cream;
  • drank a "qualude" and a "snowflake";
  • took a taxi home;
  • oh, and it was knit night.

See? It's getting a bit better!

Today, I:

  • had leftover salmon, veggies and quinoa for lunch (lots of it);
  • ate a sprouted bagel with cream cheese and nutritional yeast for breakfast;
  • have drunk two Lipton teas, straight, and a Diet Coke;
  • am dying of hunger, and it's only 4:30 pm.

See what I mean by metabolism? I've been sitting at a desk for almost nine hours, have eaten quite a bit (I portion of salmon (1/8 lb?), a cup of quinoa, two cups of veggies... I'd call that a fair portion. Wouldn't you? And when I say "cup," I mean coffee cup size.) and I am starving. Seriously, I don't know how I am going to make it. I have a piece of that British chocolate in my purse, and I have some emergency food given to me by a friend that I'm supposed to hide in my filing cabinet for emergencies (7 oz. unsweetened dried fruit bar, and a 1 oz. package of seiten teriyaki "meatless jerky" - she swears they stand in for a meal, and she is someone who would know) and it is taking amazing willpower to not devour it all. And it's only been one day. I've been considering adopting an exercise regimen, and I can only imagine what state I'd be in right now if I was also burning calories from something other than typing.

Boy, would I love to be ripped like Linda Hamilton. But alas, I do not have a personal trainer, and what's more, I am not sporty or inclined to do much other than sit and knit or sit and read or walk to somewhere where I can do the aforementioned activities.

Now, to do something about this stomach...

No comments: