Friday, August 15, 2008

Kitten Breakthough

When I woke up this morning, Simon was asleep at the foot of my bed. Very, very slowly, I reached down and pet him, then I slinked out of bed - I didn't want to scare him off of it. (Meanwhile, Jamieson is looking at me from the other side of the bed like, "Hey? What about me?") I go to the bathroom and when I come out, Simon is in the hallway actually preening for attention. So I picked him up, took him to the kitchen, poured him some food, and...

The little fella is afraid of the cat food bag. I did eventually catch him and show him the food wouldn't hurt him.

But the main thing is, he's a little less skittish.

Yesterday evening, I:
  • caved and ate the piece of British milk chocolate;
  • had baby red potatoes sauteed in canola oil with diced red onion and chopped up tofu dogs for dinner;
  • had a cup of the fruit smoothie;
  • drank a glass of mixed wine;
  • decided that if I am indeed serious about getting that 1923 crochet dress done by Halloween, I should get back to working on it;
  • continued to work on a tan/beige/white afghan I've been doing lately anyway.

This morning, I:

  • am drinking hot cocoa with a teaspoon of instant coffee. (It's Friday! I need it!)
  • have decided to have my breakfast bagel for lunch;
  • because I forgot lunch and am going to have to eat the emergency food at some point, and I'd rather it not be during lunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hezekiah is still skittish. Last night she was draped over my leg - the way she has been every other night for the last two years, I pull my leg out (because occasionally I feel the blood must be able to course through its veins) and she reacts like a python was about to eat her.