Thursday, October 13, 2005

I'm a Renaissance Woman...er, sort of

I hate to disappoint you craftsters out there, but this blog isn't just about knitting and quilting. Oh, no! It's also about art, my homework (yes, you read that right. I'm an architecture student. I make a lot of models and stuff. It's interesting. Really.) and writing (although I'll try not to subject you to too much of that.) I have a lot of stuff knocking around in my 250 sq. ft. of shared space to dust off and give an internet airing, which is fortunate since my knitting is going slow this week. Maybe all the other pictures of Things Other Than Knitting will keep you - my one or two readers - from really noticing this distressing fact.

So here we go. Tonight, my homework, the door with figure sketch. (Click on the image to see it bigger.)
I waited until the last minute to draw this, so the doorway is a school doorway and the figure is a hapless school librarian I managed to con into standing against the doorjamb for five minutes while I sketched her.

So, what do you think?

Should I try to knit faster?

Coming tomorrow:
That necklace with the cat's head bead I carved with and Exact-O knife out of a chunk of mahogany. Yeah!

No comments: