Saturday, October 08, 2005

Showing Off

I know I posted these before on the old blog, but here they are again:


Rowan #36 "Gala" in wine-colored Lion Brand Homespun.

I know, groan, Homespun? But it was 50 cents at the thrift store and it matches the silk scarf I'm wearing, which is my favorite. It's meant for snowy days, so I don't consider the bulk a problem. I went down a size in the needles for the right gauge.

I love the button I found for it so much that I'm considering making the flower neck warmer from Knitty with the remaining yarn just to get more of them.


Also Rowan #36. "Fawne" in Rowan 4 ply (Lot 022) using 2.50 mm needles, which is a bit smaller than what is prescribed, but then so am I.

This year I decided to get a jump on X-mas giving and have started knitting early. For Sibling #7's scarf I used this wonderful Kettle Dyed Pure Merino Wool in Blue Surf from Malabrigo Yarn in Uruguay.

It is incredibly soft and fluffy, much like this cat. Since it's such fancy wool and I have so many other things to make I figured I could get away with just going garter stitch all the way. To my shock and horror, I was halfway done when I realized I had purled one stitch when I should have knitted, more than twenty rows back! (Picture me with a crochet hook in hand, cursing, on a fine, sunny day in a tree-lined park.)

Coming soon:

Gentleman's Shooting Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks (downsized) and "Fern" from Rowan #36!

No comments: