Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Down with the OKC

Today I:
  • had a banana and a cup of coffee for breakfast
  • forgot about Second Breakfast
  • am having The Lesser Evil for lunch (you don't want to know)
  • probably should have stayed under my rock

You may notice that sometimes I refer to something called the "OKC", usually in conjunction with food. The "OKC" is the Office Kitchen Counter. We have a lot of meetings and lunch presentations at work that are catered. There is an unwritten policy of placing leftovers from these events on the counter of the nearest kitchen for the vultures (which, I might add, are plentiful in this profession. I'm not sure what it is about architecture that engenders a keenness for free food, but it's definitely a marked trait.) to clear away.

This is what I scored from the OKC yesterday for being extra quick and landing on it before everyone else. Half a tuna sub, some spinach/feta/pistachio/cranberry salad and a cookie that looks like a carrot. Second Lunch, folks.

Embossed Leaves Socks

This project has been on my sidebar for a while. I thought you might be interested in learning what it looks like.Last night, I:

  • met Wenders for some crocheting
  • had a bag of Kettle chips
  • ate a handful of lettuce
  • may have had chocolate ice cream for dinner

1 comment:

wenders said...

It's not just your profession. I have literally had some finance dudes FOLLOW ME DOWN THE HALL when I was carrying leftovers from a meeting.

Love the carrot cookie.