Friday, January 06, 2006

Pink, Pink, and ... More Pink!

Today I:

  • had the usual cereal with some real coffee (for a change!)
  • ate most of a banana
  • am having potato gnocchi with sauteed portabella mushrooms, garlic, and red onions with marinara sauce for lunch
  • had another cup of coffee, black
  • wonder if all this pink will make me crazy, or hopelessly infantile

Pink Seaman's Hat for Sibling #5

Pattern: Needlebeetle's Seaman's Cap

Size: Medium

Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Encore Worsted (75% acrylic, 25% wool) Color 029

Modifications: Totally unintentional, for the most part. I forgot to bring my US #6 dpns to S'nB last Weds. so I knitted the crown on US #5 dpns instead. I also added an extra row before decreasing to have a slightly deeper crown.

Three Seaman's Caps down, only one to go! (I hope!)

Another Pink Thing

So I opted for the "what strikes my fancy as I cast on" pattern for this hat, which turns out to be a 20" circumference ribbed beanie. (This hat is for a nine year old girl.) I haven't thought very much about how I will decrease it - aside from the intervals - so you'll be just as surprised as me at the crown of this hat when it's done. Sudden cables? Twists? Little purled valleys? There's no guessing; we'll just have to wait and see!

For both of these hats I used machine washable yarns. One goes to a kid and the other to what some people might consider a kid - a fifteen year old girl. Neither of them will be likely to carefully wash these items in wool detergent and gently squeeze them between towels before laying them out to dry. Which is unfortunate, because I have leftover yarn to finally make this pig, (scroll up to see it) or at least the idea of it. I'll have to live without a felted version, is all. Oh, how I suffer.

I don't know which of the yarns I'm going to use. The Plymouth yarn has a nice, smooth fuzziness about it in stockinette, but the Cascade yarn is probably of an overall better quality... and less likely to show dirt.

Hmm... I could always do both and give one away, right?

Last night, I:
  • had potato gnocchi with sauteed portabella mushrooms, garlic, and... well, you know. I had lunch for dinner. (Or is that dinner for lunch?)
  • chugged some OJ
  • watched The Corporation

No comments: