Thursday, January 05, 2006

What Deadline?

Today I:
  • had an apple and coffee for breakfast (Out of soy milk!)
  • am having two bean and rice burritos and a banana for lunch
  • am not especially indulging in coffee
  • am freezing
  • scored some walnuts from the OKC

I'm slowly making progress in my Xmas projects. (Yes, I have no shame, but I'm persistent!) I have a little bit of an excuse in that my cat Jameson runs interference. He does not even remotely understand why I could spend any amount of time not completely focused upon him.

This photo was taken last night after the S'nB. See me diligently knitting away at Sibling #5's pink Seaman's Cap? See the new, ultra-humane, living fur stole I'm sporting, all the while?

It's a wonder I get anything done.

I'm supposed to make a hat for one of my nieces out of this pink yarn. I haven't even settled on a pattern; I keep vacillating between a 2nd Edition of the Cabled Beanie I made for Kasumi, a simple roll-brim hat, or I don't know, whatever strikes my fancy when I cast on.

Magic Stripes, Take Two.

Remember the fugly Lion Bran Magic Stripe socks I was making with Wendy's Toe-Up Sock pattern? Remember how I hated it? The yarn, the pattern, everything? Well, here it is, cuff-down now. I'm almost to the heel flap and I must say I am feeling much more warm and fuzzy inside about it this time.

The colorway (Lumber Jack Black) is still pretty bad, I admit that, but I'm determined to finish these socks. Because I'm stubborn. I will make these socks, and I will wear them!

Red Alpaca Scarf for Sibling #1

I haven't started this project yet, but I'm itching to. I have two skeins of deep red Catalina Baby Alpaca for it, but I can't decide between a simple rib sequence or the Irish Hiking Scarf pattern.

Last night, I:

  • had leftover eggplant parmesan sub for dinner
  • drank a coffee with soy milk at S'nB
  • ate a bag of Kettle Chips
  • saw a sweater on a co-worker that I really, really want to knit
  • had a cup of tea

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love your beautiful living fur stole. Since I have a matching lap blanket, I know how toasty warm they are.

Jenny Raye said...

Ohhh red alpaca.....I just made a red alpaca scarf for my brother's girlfriend. I started out with the Irish Hiking Scarf, but didn't like that it wasn't reversible, so I switched to Farrow Rib. You can see it at my blog. Check December 2005 archives.

Love your stole ;o)

bitterknitter said...

Boy, the most I ever get is a living foot warmer, generally calico colored, sometimes orange!

Deby said...

I love your cat. He looks so content. Amazing.
Your knitting is great.