Wednesday, February 08, 2006

More wristwarmers for my apartment to eat

Today I:

  • had cereal and white tea for breakfast
  • had a veggie wrap, a cookie, and a bag of chips with apple juice at a lunch lecture
  • nearly fell asleep during said lecture

Voodoos Revised... Again

Since I still cannot find the wristwarmers I made for my niece, I have resorted to making another pair. Not that she is going to get them. I'll eventually find that first pair and mail them to her, but in the meantime it's frickin' cold here. I mean it. This isn't just the Californian in me. Look at my new weather pixie thing. Cold.

I made this wristwarmer last night with (if I do say so myself) very satisfactory results. Aesthetically speaking, it's a bit crude, but it is hitting all the practical considerations on the head. It fits... well, like a glove, and it's fuzzy, comfortable, and tighter than the original Knitty Voodoos. That's because I went down a needle size at the wrist for ten rows (so that I could feel it gripping my wrist, very important for a sore knitter!) and instead of adding stitches for the thumb gusset, I simply backed up the rest of the hand. And it fits. Comfortably. Did I mention they fit?

I hope to complete the second one before the Knitting Olympics begins Friday.

Cripes! Did I say Friday? As in, two days from now?

Maybe I should start formulating my Knitting Olympics Plan!

Last night, I:

  • had an artichoke with mayo for dinner. (What can I say? I was knitting.)

Seagulls, anyone?

No comments: