Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I'm going to be sick

Really. I mean it. The boyfriend/ partner/ whatnot is home sick right now with some kind of body ache-coughy-tired illness, and it's only a matter of time before I go down, too, despite the Airborne he gave me this morning. (Didn't seem to work for him, did it?) True, the word "hypochondriac" could easily be used in a sentence with the man, but even a sinking suspicion that he has skin cancer or lupus will not make him alter his usual workaholic routine one jot. He goes to school seven days a week, works six, and when he's home, he spends half his time working on something related to school. (This kind of obsessive behavior is one of the things we have in common, believe it or not.) Last night he said he was taking a day off to lay in bed. Maybe read.

The boy is definitely sick. So sick, in fact, that he offered of his own free will monetary contribution toward buying a bed. This has been an area of contention for some time. Crazy me, I keep wanting the inconvenience and bulk of a bed. Well, maybe not a bed in the traditional sense, with a mattress and box spring (How would that ever get up my stairs?) but a futon. With a frame, even. And he didn't flinch when I said one of us would probably have to take a day off for it to be delivered. It took all my self-control not to stare open-mouthed at him.

So I am probably going to be dog sick very, very soon. But hopefully not so sick that I can't knit. I admit I'm looking a little forward to getting sick for the potential knitting time. (Obsessive, remember?) If I get sick, and have a day off, I could finish a UFO or even plead that I am so sick that I must cast on something new to ease the pain. My yarn hoarding tendencies are outstripping my rate of production, so I have all of this to choose from:

1 skein "cranberry" Wool-Ease Thick & Quick
1 skein "Blue Surf" Malabrigo
4 skeins black Lamb's Pride Bulky
10 balls "Avocado" KnitPicks Wool of the Andes
12 balls "Chocolate" KnitPicks Wool of the Andes (FLAK sweater)
6 balls "Coal" KnitPicks Wool of the Andes
5 balls "Coal" KnitPicks Merino Style
1 ball black Reynolds Andean Alpaca Regal
7 skeins Classic Elite Inca Alpaca (color 1168)
1 ball black worsted weight Misti Alpaca
2 skeins red Catalina Baby Alpaca (worsted weight)
1 ball "shell" Crystal Palace Waikiki
2 balls "Charcoal heather" Lamb's Pride Super Wash (worsted weight)
1 balls black Lamb's Pride Super Wash (worsted weight)
1 ½ balls black Lion Wool (worsted weight)
1 ball cream Reynolds Andean Alpaca Regal
2 balls blue/brown Jawoll Cotton Jaquard Superwash
1 ball Sockotta (color 13)
1 ball Sockotta (color 5)
1 ball Sockotta (color 6)
1 ball Sockotta (color 16)
2 balls Cascade Yarns Fixation (color 8176)
2 balls Juvel Multi (color 352)
1 ball black Meilenweit
1 ball Fun & Stripes Meilenweit (color 630)
1 ball cream colored Jawoll superwash
1 ball black colored Jawoll superwash
1 ball Crystal Palace kid merino (color 9801)
1 ball Crystal Palace kid merino (lime green color)
2 balls "charcoal" Scheepjes Invicta Extra
2 balls black Jaeger Matchmaker Merino 4-ply
2 balls Reynolds Odyssey (color 404)
5 balls KnitPicks Essential (color 23695- green)
2 balls KnitPicks Essential (color 23692- wheat)
1 ball KnitPicks Essential (color 236932- navy blue)

Of course, this is just a partial list.

Last night, I:

  • drank a cup of hot chocolate with coconut milk
  • had mac and cheese with tuna for dinner
  • ate a small bag of Fritos
  • drank a glass of wine
  • started calculating a savings plan for a bed

No comments: