Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Tell Me Not To Go

Today I:
  • had a cup of corn flakes for breakfast
  • have had a lot of coffee, yet again
  • am eating "Asian stir fry" with... yeh... chicken in it
  • have no pictures for you

Having no pictures when I post is very bad in my mind because, well, frankly when I'm cruising the knitblogs I am really just looking at pictures. It's the design profession. We don't really read, we just pretend to read.

Friday I take the Chinatown bus to New York, where I will transfer to a different Chinatown bus that will take me to Philadelphia. There are pros and cons to this situation:

Pros

  1. Chinatown buses are generally more efficient and speedy than Greyhound or Peter Pan or what have you
  2. They are also much, much cheaper
  3. I can eavesdrop on some Mandarin, hopefully
  4. I can probably knit the whole time, or read, or listen to language tapes

Cons

  1. I'm going to New York
  2. I'm going to Philadelphia
  3. The trip lasts at least 6 hours
  4. I do not trust the bathrooms
  5. I get motion sickness (in the elevator at work, on trolleys, in the subway...)
  6. I have this premonition of death in a fiery, bloody, metal-grinding crash on some stupid turnpike (so if it happens, remember: I told you so)
  7. I would rather spend the fare on yarn
  8. I don't want to go
  9. My boyfriend/partner/whatnot has been pleading for me to go
  10. Did I mention Philadelphia? I hate Philadelphia.

Last night, I:

  • had half an eggplant parmesan sub for dinner and a mini bottle of Pelligrino
  • drank a hot cocoa
  • did loads and loads of laundry
  • knitted very little

No comments: