Thursday, December 29, 2005

Fickleness

Today I:
  • had corn/flax/amaranth flakes and coffee for breakfast
  • am having a bean and rice burrito, a bag of Kettle chips, and a banana for lunch
  • am experiencing knitting options overload

There are so many things I want to knit I don't know where to begin. I'm going totally ADD. And I still have some X-mas knitting to do:

  1. pink seaman's hat
  2. pink hat (child size)
  3. red scarf (this is a new addition)
  4. something or other, probably black (I forget)
  5. pink flower brooch
  6. black newsies (flip-top mittens)

I forced myself to bring the pink seaman's hat to last night's S'nB, but I didn't get very far. I was too busy eating and looking at knitting books and generally procrastinating. At present, I have quite a few non-Xmas things in the knitting queue:

  1. black seaman's hat
  2. 4 pairs of socks (I bring this on myself)
  3. a cardigan... or three
  4. black alpaca scarf
  5. revamping Joe's scarf

And, of course, I am perpetually adding more. It was only last night that I started one of those four pairs of socks (Ugh!) - a basic rib-cuff, stockinette sock using aquamarine Lamb's Pride Superwash. Since I'm using US #7 needles there is actually some hope of these getting done sometime soon. Meanwhile, my Gentleman's Shooting Socks languish. Not because I don't love them, but because I am too distracted to look up where I left off in the pattern.

Top it all off with the Aran knitalong I am about to join in order to use up all that Orchard worsted wool my grandma sent me.

Wish me luck at actually achieving FO.

Last night, I:

  • drank a hot cocoa and some kind of Japanese chocolate bar
  • had a can of tuna and an avocado for dinner. I gave a nod to civilization and put the avocado on a plate.
  • had coffee with soy milk and a pack of chips at Sn'B
  • watched Reign of Fire again while knitting socks.
  • noticed no significant change in the health of my houseplants

No comments: