- had a piece of toast with avocado hummus and coffee for breakfast
- am having bruchetta pizza and yogurt and green onion Kettle Chips for lunch
- will explain why I am telling you this
- still can't believe I finished my mom's socks
- have a picture to prove it
Pattern: Bed Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks
Yarn: less than one ball of Sockotta (color 08)
Needles: set of US #2 dpns
Modifications: replaced allover pattern with 3x3 ribbing on heel flap and sole; added an extra pattern repeat to increase foot length
Would you ever knit this again? Maybe. If I forget how frickin' long it took me.
W.I.P. or What Am I Going To Knit During X-mas?
Forget the X-mas knitting deadline - (I have) - the real concern now is what I will knit during the 6 hour bus ride to and from the event itself.
What do I have to choose from? Well, I'm glad you asked. It just so happens there are a couple or a dozen projects to choose from, each with their own particular qualities to recommend them:
- Gentleman's Shooting Socks - one sock half done
- Magic Stripe Toe-Up Socks - will have to finally read that tutorial on wrapping short rows
- Bobble Cardigan - have 8 more inches of 18" wide stockinette stitching to go for back (on US #4 dpns)
- Vintage Raglan Cardigan - back already blocked
- Pink Seaman's Cap - already cast on, and it's a X-mas present
- Pink Cabled Beanie - X-mas present, nice yarn
- Simple Cardigan - okay so maybe I haven't started this yet but I want to use that Avocado Wool of the Andes
- Blue Acrylic Roll-Brim Hat for Hapless Victim - I can't let this yarn go to waste, no matter the cost
- Black Alpaca Basketweave Scarf - half done already
So maybe I have already decided I will work on this scarf over the holidays because 1) it's for me and 2) it's brainless, but I don't see it lasting more than a one-way trip. I need to be prepared for the return trip, Friday night, all of Saturday and most of Sunday. I could probably crank out and entire sweater during that time in a desperate attempt to blot out my surroundings. (Wine and beer can only do so much before things become critical.)
Which reminds me - here's my first Cosmopolitan. I had it at InQ during the kpixie trunk show. Very tasty drink, I recommend, although I must say, half an inch into this I was already giggling. Luckily I hadn't brought enough knitting with me for the entire event, deftly (if accidentally) avoiding a dreadful Knitting While Intoxicated incident.
Why I Tell The World What I Eat Or Drink
I've been asked this several times. Reading back in this blog a couple weeks may answer that question for you, but if that's too much to ask, here is a basic response that I will reference from time to time:
- I am not on a diet, per se
- I have actually gained weight since starting this list
- It is just to act as my nutritional/lifestyle conscience, thereby granting me some kind of self-control (or maybe a little guilt? Maybe.)
- Therefore, it has to be public, or it wouldn't work.
- had a cup of black coffee for breakfast with two scrambled eggs
- had a bowl of potato gnocchi with mushrooms and pasta sauce for lunch
- had two bowls of chocolate ice cream and a couple pieces of dark Polish chocolate for dinner
- had half of Joe's glass of wine
- did not feel the slightest pang of guilt or remorse
- will probably do it again tonight