Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Yarn visualization

Today I:

  • had a bowl of cereal with soy milk for breakfast
  • drank a cup of coffee from Lulu's
  • had a bag of Fritos for Second Breakfast
  • am having two bean and rice burritos for lunch
  • can't seem to load pictures

I was going to parade stash yarn today to distract everyone from my lack of knitting progress, but Blogger won't load photos for some reason. So instead imagine some really nice, kind of lavendery-green merino wool, reminiscent of a field of heather, and a couple balls of black and off-white cotton sock yarn. (Go ahead, I know you can do it.) Now picture the merino as gloves, and the sock yarn as ankle-high lace socks. Mmmm. Wasn't that good?

Well, maybe I'll try to post the pictures tomorrow.

Last night, I:

  • had a mozzarella and pesto panini with soy latte for dinner
  • looked into doing non-profit architecture work
  • drank a very good beer
  • read some more from The Bride Wore Black

Success!
Who knew that all I needed to do to get these pictures up was to publish this post? Certainly not me.This the cotton sock yarn. I wasn't certain if I'd like it, but there was this big basket full of it and, well, I'm a yarn junkie. I opened one and a like the feel. I hope they make nice, cushy socks.

This ball of yarn (and it's twin, not pictured) is the source of much guilt. The day before the Knitting Olympics I was feeling a bit edgy, so I went to the LYS closest to my apartment and bought about $70 worth of yarn. (Nerves are dangerous when they have access to a debit card.) This ball was about $10. I am going to make the perfect gloves from it. Even if it kills me. The rest of the $70? Well, do the words Neapolitan Ice Cream Flower Afghan mean much to you?

Yeah, the day before a two week knitting marathon, I planned an afghan. Did I mention nerves?

No comments: