Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tag! I'm It.

There has been some kind of ethernet miracle and I can now access my blog again. It has been one harrowing day. You see, I've been tagged by Elaine, and I"VE BEEN WAITING ALL DAY TO POST.

Here we go!

What is your all time favorite yarn to knit with?

Do you mean just one? How could I pick just one? Well, maybe if I was stranded on a desert island where a huge shipping freighter had mysteriously washed ashore in the night, full of four tons of one kind of yarn, what would I want it to be?

I'm not going to say hemp twine, because although I could make tons of hammocks with it (oooh, and netting... ropes... SHOES), it's not what I actually prefer. No, I'd say that after the initial excitement (wherein I am rolling around in piles and piles of yarn wearing nothing but a grass skirt and a woven palm fiber halter top) I'd find it's alpaca yarn. Just about any brand or weight will do. Then I would nearly faint into it and lie there in a euphoric stupor for days upon days. (Well, until I had to pee. But I'd take some skeins with me.)

Your favorite needles?

My US #8 bamboo dpns; they are the only ones I protect from cat maulings.

The worst thing you've ever knit or crocheted?

Just one thing? That's as tough as choosing a favorite yarn...

Well, I suppose my first pair of socks would be the worst thing I've ever knitted. The yarn was frogged from a burgundy acrylic sweater, and my needles were actually sharpened shish-kabob sticks. It knitted up fine, but I was never happy with how they bagged around my ankles, and the heel flap wore out too fast. I was always darning it. They have long since gone to the Land Where Hopeless Knitting Projects Go: the local landfill.

I've already mentioned the worst thing I have ever crochetted: The World's Ugliest Afghan. (Which, by the way, I need to soak in borax and wash for the upcoming hibernation.)

Your most favorite knit or crochet pattern? (maybe you don't like wearing it, but it was the most fun to knit)

Uh... Fun? Do you mean 'do a keg-stand and throw up all night' kind of Fun or 'everybody thinks I'm crazy for making this thing, but I would do it again, dammit' kind of Fun?

If we're looking for something in-between (rather easy, even if it looks difficult; no vomiting involved, but maybe a little too much red wine imbibing) I'd say crocheting snoods from my own patterns.

Most valuable knitting technique?

Whaddyacallit - weaving/carrying yarn strands across the wrong side of my work as I go. It's not just for colorwork, it's Fun.

Best knit book or magazine?

I am getting far too excited for my own good, every night, over Knitting Vintage Socks. It may have to be taken away from me.

Your favorite knit-a-long?

Never done one.

Your favorite knitblogs?

Crazy Aunt Purl. Not a whole lot of knitting going on but she consistantly makes me laugh. Not AT her, even though she is constantly portraying herself as a pathetic, multiple-cat-owning soon-to-be-divorcee. She isn't pathetic: she's hillarious.

Your favorite knitwear designer?

Kim Hargraves, hands down. Or up. Whatever.

The knit item you wear the most? (how about a picture of it!)

My new Homespun hat, because I'M ALREADY TOO COLD.


Am I supposed to tag others as well? Hmmm... I don't know how to do that! Nevertheless, I have convinced Eejayya to take the Tag Challenge... As soon as she gets home.

TUESDAY NIGHT SOCK UPDATE

You'll just have to wait until tonight. I don't keep my socks at work.

No comments: