Thursday, May 25, 2006

Boyfriend Sock

Today I:
  • had a terrible bagel with cream cheese and nutritional yeast for breakfast
  • ate a banana with a cup of Earl Grey for Second Breakfast
  • am having avocado/cucumber sushi, a small salad, and a bag of chips with half a V-8 for lunch
  • have a headache

Here is the sock in progress. It really is speeding along, although I keep feeling like it's too big. But that's probably because he has a 9" foot circumference, and mine is 7 1/2". The pattern is coming out really interesting, but I doubt the second sock will look the same. ( The yarn is Opal, Farbe 16, Partie 35. I am very happy it's waschmaschinenfest.)

All other projects are on hold while I speed through these socks, except, of course, SP8 stuff. I think SP8 is going well so far - I have all kinds of devious plans that require the dreaded W-word from me: work. I am so lazy, I don't know how I am getting all this knitting done.

Yesterday, I:

  • had honey grilled salmon with salad, rice pilaf, and half a V-8 for lunch
  • had no coffee (headache! headache! Send pity)
  • drank green tea
  • had a mushroom bisque with croutons for diner at S'nB
  • drank a large soy steamer, no flavorings, no sugar, nada
  • knit


5 comments:

Carrie K said...

Much pity going your way! Caffeine headaches are horrid. I hope this doesn't happen to you, but I had a non stop, non stoppable caffeine withdrawal headache for two solid weeks before I caved and surrendered to my (lifelong) addiction.

For one brief extremely confused moment there, I read that his foot was 9 FEET long. And yes, I had my coffee this morning, along with a lovely soy milk smoothie made w/strawberries from my garden.

Unknown said...

I am jealous.

Jeanette said...

As I sit here sipping my iced coffee, reading your post a day late, I am sending pity your way. You are showing tremendous will power. Congrats on that!

Jennifer said...

That is a really interesting design your sock is forming. I like it! I hope your headache eases.

Kelly said...

Hang in there. Coffee, why do you hook us so. At least your meals look good, besides the horrible bagel.