Sunday, May 14, 2006

Soup Weather

Edit: Okay, I suck. I am totally bunged up writing-wise tonight, and I kind of want to have a nice day, so the next episode is postponed until next weekend.

Today I:
  • had a whole wheat bagel with cream cheese and lox for breakfast with some organic coffee
  • had a spinach salad with heart of palms, broccoli sprouts, and balsamic vinagrette for Second Breakfast
  • am about to eat this bowl of soup

16 Bean Veggie Soup

Ingredients: 16 oz bag of 16 bean mix, cauliflower, red cabbage, red potatoes, red onion, garlic, kale, miso, veggie boullion.

I am writing - sort 0f - but mostly I'm cooking and knitting. (Today is my 31st birthday, so forgive me if I'm being a bit of a slacker.) It's been raining for nearly a week straight here in Boston, so I'm thinking we could all use a hot bowl of soup. This soup is unintentionally vegan.

I'll post on the story later. Really.

3 comments:

wenders said...

Happy Birthday! Yay!

And I agree - total soup/tea weather. I've had so much tea in the last week I could float away, I fear. I am so tired of the rain...and I LIKE rain! :)

Jeanette said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!! I second Wendy's comments too. Lots of tea has been drunk and lots of chili and soup have been eatten.
Since it is your birthday I guess that I can wait a week for a new episode ;-)

bitterknitter said...

Happy Birthday! I'll comment on the correct post, even though I'm a few days late. Yummy looking soup, I love it when things are unintentionally vegan.